About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Product Manager on Gap Inc's Customer Analytics Product Management team, you will deliver new capabilities and products to support our global customer analytics and data science teams. You will be a hands-on leader who thrives in defining and building solutions. The role requires strong product management competencies with thought leadership abilities to innovate, and deliver highly scalable, reliable, and sustainable solutions across the enterprise.
- Ability to lead product management teams for Customer Analytics applications and processes
- Owns and drives opportunity assessments, definition development, monitoring and implementation of product roadmaps end to end
- Desire to partner closely with Customer Analytics, Data Science and Digital teams, and to influence adoption of new products or applications
- Leads and supports the selection of vendors in the Customer Analytics industry and effectively manages the relationships
- Defines a vision and roadmap and delivers business capabilities through technology enablement
- Interfaces with all levels of management cross-functionally, implementing processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency/optimization across the business and technical functions
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Critical thinker who can anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
- Measurement-focused; clear understanding and articulation of business value through qualitative and quantitative product metrics
- Ensures clear communication of project scopes, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis
- Drives business process changes necessary to simplify and optimize operations and adoption of products; exemplifies change management skillset
- Leads system solution evaluations and product due diligence
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in product management - strategy, management consulting or similar role also applicable
- Experience managing major product-to-market applications, SaaS-based products, and end to end portfolios
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations with a newly created team and charter
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues - a serious thought leader that can make strategic choices and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added activities
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves and get work done - a productive contributor to detailed content, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Excellent critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and a strong ability to work with complex and detailed data
- Proficient at project management and senior management communication, strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with senior leaders
- Ability to drive and execute product measurement and articulate health, success, and impact to business through product data
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Experience working with Customer Analytics products or in Customer Analytics field strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Decision Science, Business, Operations or related analytics field preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs