About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
In this role, you will work in an energizing, inclusive, and creative environment focused on concepting and creating sustainable product that exceeds customers' expectations. Your goal is to partner with cross functional team members who collectively are responsible for ensuring that the product style, fit, and quality are more than worth the price for our customers. Responsibilities include participating in the conceptual development of the product line and ensuring product is consistent with market trends and brand strategies. Must lean into risk taking and be customer curious!
What You'll Do
- Research global markets in order to identify new seasonal trends, silhouettes, fabrics, techniques, product categories and competitive inspiration.
- Develop concepts and sketches for product line and advocates for design ideas by presenting to internal leadership and cross functional partners .
- Develop strong internal cross functional relationships with Merchandising, Production, Technical design, Gap Inc Sourcing (GIS), Visual Merchandising and Marketing to ensure product concept to store and site execution is a seamless experience.
- Partner with Production and Tech Design to create tech packs and communicate vision behind fit and product design, ensuring execution, quality, and desired margin targets are achieved.
- Able to communicate difficult concepts in a simple manner
- Participate in projects and assignments of diverse scope.
- Responsible for sketch callouts and communicating desired fit and aesthetic to tech design and maintaining sketch updates and specifications (i.e. trims, wash, etc..)
Who You Are
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment, with the ability to juggle multiple seasons at one time and track development deadlines
- Possess an elevated sense of style, aesthetic, and color and understand how to translate trends through the lens of the customer and brand filter
- Thorough knowledge of silhouette, fit, fabrication, construction, color use, sewing techniques, and trim; applied knowledge of garment construction methods to design process.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel
- Present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $64,300 - $82,100 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
We’ll send you to our application portal to get started.
Browse all jobs