About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Sr. Manager of Digital Operations (Mission Control) is primarily responsible for leading a team of resources focused on identifying, triaging, and driving resolution of technical, functional, and customer experience issues impacting Gap. Inc.’s digital business. The Sr. Manager acts as a representative of the business community in functional and technical forums providing a holistic business perspective representing the Customer Experience across the entire digital platform. They define the operating model for the Mission Control operations team (i.e. resource coverage structure, standard operating and escalation procedures, communications plans, training strategy, etc.). This role can be based in our San Francisco office – or can be remote in other US locations with travel to San Francisco as necessary.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of functional resources to monitor customer experience and technical performance, e.g. errors, speed etc., on our digital channels and facilitate triage and resolution while mitigating customer/business impact.
- Become a subject matter functional expert on our tech stack and equip your team with that knowledge to accelerate the identification and resolution of issues and risks.
- Represent the business during conversations with Product Management and GapTech and guide their activities on the platform, e.g. capability releases, fix deployments etc. to minimize risk to business while supporting the tech evolution of the platform. Conversely, digest information from Product Management/GapTech to streamline brand activities.
- Identify opportunities to streamline/improve current Mission Control operations and evolve the Mission Control <> Brands operating model around ecommerce operations to drive scale.
- Work with other platform and brand partners on special platform led initiatives, e.g. appeasements, peak, load testing etc.
- Develop subject matter expertise in digital experience monitoring and evolution space, e.g. customer session investigation, error monitoring, proactive issue identification, site speed evaluation, for both site and mobile app experiences. Leverage that subject matter expertise to provide perspectives on tools that can be used to improve monitoring capabilities while driving operational and financial efficiencies.
Who You Are
- Minimum 3-5 years of Retail eCommerce production, product management, or digital experience.
- Team leadership – managing 5+ direct reports.
- Cross functional retail experience (eCommerce, logistics, retail analytics, etc.) a plus.
- Strong knowledge of web production and e-commerce release processes, including direct experience with website tools and technologies.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape. Demonstrated ability to own and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity; ability to drive insights and decisions utilizing multiple inputs and data sources.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong relationship-building skills. Experience working closely with multiple business functions to influence strategic agendas and operationalize initiatives.
- Fluency in PowerPoint and Excel; adept at analyzing data (additional data platform experiences (Adobe, Power BI, etc.) a plus) and supporting development of executive-facing presentations.
- Aptitude and willingness to "get one's hands dirty" and deep dive into details.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs