About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will design highly scalable and high performing technology solutions in an Agile work environment and produce and deliver code and/or test cases using wide-ranging experience, professional concepts, company objectives and Agile practices. You will collaborate closely with key business support teams, product managers, architecture to assist in resolving complex critical cross-team and cross-domain production issues to help simplify and improve business processes through the latest in technology and automation. You are a technical expert and will lead through the requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, and support phases of a product. You will leverage your comprehensive knowledge of domain and core programming technologies or packages to mentor and advise team members.
What You'll Do
- Lead significant projects and define technical specifications and development requirements that result in high performing technology that are also domain specific.
- Develop and enhance product and/or applications independently to solve complex business problems by keeping customer experience at the forefront.
- Adopt and model a DevOps mindset by applying automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery in everything we do.
- Foster innovation by applying best practices and learning from emerging technologies and through collaboration with cross functional stakeholders.
- Communicate difficult concepts and lead teams through design and interpretation.
- Mentor and subject matter expert in support of domain areas, leading assignments of diverse scope.
- Balances project delivery objectives with organizational initiatives.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience and 5+ years professional software development experience
- Experience in HDFS, Hive/HQL and big data integrations
- Experience working wtih Azure Databricks
- Proficient in development with Python, PySpark, Spark Sql
- Experience in working wth Messaging Framework, Kafka
- Working Knowledge on Azure or AWS Cloud Environemnt and CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Codefresh
- Hands-on experience in the DevOps model, production support and Agile methodologies as well understanding the concepts Test Driven Development and Business Driven Development
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs