About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Gap Inc’s Strategic Growth Office (“SGO”) is at the forefront of driving our next chapter of growth. Gap Inc. established the SGO to focus on long-term growth and new growth opportunities across its purpose-led billion-dollar brands and beyond its core businesses. Part of this growth will be fueled by GPS Platform Services, a business-to-business (B2B) offering where we commercialize Gap Inc’s operational retail capabilities as a platform to enable selling, sourcing, fulfillment, and logistics as a service to retailers with a shared goal to accelerate and grow purpose led lifestyle brands through operational excellence. Our vision is to “make retail operations easy and scalable” so that retail brands can focus on their customers, products and services.
We are searching for a Sr. Manager of Customer Success with a start-up and entrepreneurial mindset to lead the stand-up of a Customer Success and Service Operations operating model while serving as the primary Customer Success Manager for GPS Logistics & Platform Services. You will have the opportunity to be part of the founding startup team for GPS Platform Services to build and grow a B2B retail operations platform as a service business from the ground up. As the Sr Manager of Customer Success, you will be accountable for partnering with retailers of all sizes and working with their leaders to ensure that service delivery goals and objectives are met and exceeded with a relentless drive towards continuous improvement for operational excellence.
You will partner closely with sales, marketing, product management, logistics and transportation functions to establish a frictionless and world class customer experience and service operations to enable our customer retailers across their business lifecycle from sales support, customer onboarding, measurement and monitoring of service level objectives, understanding customer pain points and proactively addressing and resolving friction, coordinating and managing service operations for your customers. Customer obsession and customer first orientation is at the core of this role and everything you do is all about optimizing success for your customers to grow and scale their retail business.
As the business scales, you will be responsible for continuously improving our GPS Platform Services offering and how we operate with our B2B retail customers. The Sr. Manager of Customer Success will report to the Head of GPS Platform Services.
What You'll Do
- Be the one stop shop and single point of contact to deliver customer success across all customer engagement, service and support touchpoints.
- Partner with sales teams to ensure a frictionless and exceptional customer service from initial client onboarding to service enablement and operations.
- Partner with sales teams to manage regular account reviews and incorporate customer feedback into future roadmaps while proactively looking for additional revenue growth opportunities.
- Define and continuously optimize overall customer service delivery of GPS Platform Services through processes, operating procedures and platform technology.
- Measure and monitor effectiveness of service delivery against service level objectives and proactively seek opportunities to remove friction and delight the customer.
- Partner with cross functional teams across sales, product, engineering and logistics to improve and resolve customer pain points and issues.
- Deliver insights and package findings into customer facing ready content for presentation purposes and reporting
- Act as liaison between technical and business functions to ensure effective communications.
- Create long- and short-term continuous improvement plans with customers; set, communicate and track targets for milestones to a varied set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a story teller to advocate for your customers as well as managing customer expectations and branding of the value of GPS Platform Services.
- Lead and motivate teams across our customers, internal business functions and 3rd party vendors to complete assigned tasks and meet milestones.
- Build the necessary relationships internal and external partners to help drive future growth with customer accounts.
Who You Are
- Customer obsessed service oriented operator with an entrepreneurial mindset
- A true problem solver who can navigate ambiguity and build credibility and trust with customers and cross functional teams by active listening, clear communication and structured analysis and reasoning based on data
- 8+ years of strategy, general management, entrepreneurial, and/or consulting experience. 2+ years in a Customer Success or Business Operations role
- Retail industry experience with roles in supply chain, logistics and overall retail operations; able to communicate in the language of the retail business and financials with general retail business leaders as well as retail operations specialists
- Experience with software as a service business models and platforms
- Experience with continuous process improvement methods and measuring / optimizing service level objectives
- Understanding of process and operating model design and scaling standard operating procedures
- Strong research and analytical capabilities with a skill in forming structured and actionable insights to drive operational excellence
- Skilled at business planning and retail forecasting
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, with the capability of engaging others at all levels of the organization
- Some Travel Required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs