About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Gap Inc’s Strategic Growth Office (“SGO”) is at the forefront of driving our next chapter of growth. Gap Inc. established the SGO to focus on long-term growth and new growth opportunities across its purpose-led billion-dollar brands and beyond its core businesses. Part of this growth will be fueled by GPS Platform Services, a business-to-business (B2B) offering where we commercialize Gap Inc’s operational retail capabilities as a platform to enable selling, sourcing, fulfillment, and logistics as a service to retailers with a shared goal to accelerate and grow purpose led lifestyle brands through operational excellence. Our vision is to “make retail operations easy and scalable” so that retail brands can focus on their customers, products and services.
We are searching for a Sales and Account Executive to lead and drive new business-to-business account development across our suite of platform services. As a Sales Leader, you’re a critical part of our innovative start-up focused on launching and scaling GPS Logistics & Platform Services by Gap Inc. You will have the opportunity to build and grow a B2B revenue generation engine that connects retail brands with our retail platform as a service capabilities to accelerate and grow their business with them.
You will partner closely with marketing, strategy, operations and product management to drive a compelling sales value proposition and go to market sales plan to grow the revenue for GPS Platforms Services. You will be accountable and responsible for defining and executing a sales plan, generating leads and leading sales pursuits, building and managing customer relationships, negotiating sales contracts and proactively growing account opportunities. As the business scales, you will be responsible for building and leading a customer oriented sales team and partnering with customer success to ensure that customer business goals and objectives are being met through our services. The Sr. Director Sales and Account Executive will report to the Head of GPS Platform Services.
What You'll Do
- Define, manage and execute a sales plan to achieve revenue growth and annual business objectives
- Generate leads through cold-calling, lead generation campaigns, and conducting presentation meetings to acquire new business-to-business accounts
- Develop sales strategies, product presentations, and other materials needed to support prospecting and business development
- Negotiate sales contracts and oversee new account set up
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with prospects and existing customers and provide outstanding customer service by having a client account ownership mindset
- Seek opportunities to grow, improve and retain accounts
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop roadmaps and create internal capabilities required to scale and improve the value proposition of the customer experience
- Scale the revenue growth of the business and incrementally build and develop a national sales team
Who You Are
- Entrepreneurial mindset with hunter sales mentality built on a customer first orientation
- Proven business-to-business sales leader with 12+ years of sales experience; 6+ in B2B space with experience in software as a service business models
- Story teller with deep knowledge of retail operations including selling, sourcing, fulfillment and logistics that can articulate the value that outsourcing these services provides to growing retail businesses
- Understanding of the digitally native retail market and the opportunities and challenges for retail founders
- Professional network of relationships in the retail industry with a focus on digitally native retail brands
- Extensive B2B sales experience across many different size businesses (small, mid and large)
- Demonstrated success building and scaling accounts and teams
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Some Travel Required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs