About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Senior Manager of Outlet Operations and Strategy is a key leadership role within the outlet channel. There is a broad base of responsibilities which include building the preseason budget, managing monthly forecasts, leading the outlet commercial plan process and being a key liaison to both the outlet buying and store leadership teams. The role also partners closely with store communications, merch planning analytics, marketing, consumer insights, store planning, and company planning.
The ideal candidate must have a try fast, learn fast, think big mind set. They must feel comfortable with sales and inventory forecasting, data analysis, and must be an excellent communicator.
What You'll Do
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ownership of Monday business reporting, pre-season budget and monthly top-down forecast
- Building and managing margin and discount targets for each promotional period in partnership with outlet buying team
- Maximizing sales productivity through season code management and store inventory deviations
- Leading outlet commercial plan process and partnering with marketing effectiveness to analyze results and make future recommendations
- Data analysis assessing risk and opportunity and recommending action steps
- Assess new store growth and real estate opportunities
- Management of one direct report
- Liaise with store upper field; protect stores inventory, forecast and business priorities
- Helping to create to create and maintain tools for the team
Who You Are
This is the perfect role if you have an own it, do it, done mindset. Ideal candidates should meet the following criteria:
- 7+ years of retail working experience and 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Strong understanding of financials
- Comfort with taking risk and creating with audacity
- Creative Problem solver
- Strong team player; can influence and negotiate leveraging data
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills to present findings and business recommendations
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to travel domestically
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs