About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
What You'll Do
In this role, you will develop, execute and drive inclusive merchandise strategies that delight the customer while meeting or exceeding the financial goals of the business. As the commercial backbone of the product development process, you will partner with your cross functional team using customer insights, market data and business performance to bring great products to market that amaze and delight our customers. You will help drive results and closely monitor the health of your categories, ensuring product and assortments are commercially-viable and drive profitable growth.
- Help to develop and drive merchandise assortments that meet customer needs, aligned to the overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings
- Collaborate with Design and Production partners on product strategies and speed to market, through the lens of inclusivity and belonging
- Strong handle on competitive landscape and market opportunities.
- Partner with Inventory Management, Store Planning and Allocation on seasonal investment strategy to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected
- In season analysis of sales, to identify risks and opportunities and a strategic plan to address the business
- Ad-hoc projects of diverse scope
Who You Are
- 1-2 years of retail buying & merchandising experience
- Strong communicator: excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrates strategic and analytical ability
- Possesses strong financial acumen
- Powerful collaborator and influencer
- Passion for product and the fashionetail industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs