About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
As a software engineer on the Engineering Enablement team at Gap, you’ll be creating frameworks, common libraries, and tools to make software development easier, faster, and more consistent.
The Engineering Enablement team’s main focus is to make it easier and faster to build apps at Gap, by simplifying the path to production and enabling consistency across the engineering community.
The team’s objective is to enable developers by having them spend more time on business features and less on reinventing the wheel. More convention over configuration!
What You'll Do
- Identify enablement opportunities, collaborate with engineering and platform teams to create solutions that address enablement opportunities and support their usage across the company.
- Create starter apps that demonstrate best engineering practices.
- Develop and maintain common libraries, frameworks, and tools for other developers.
- Document and share learnings to enable consistency across the engineering community.
- Educate other engineers about enablement tools and promote their adoption.
- Use technologies including:
- Languages/Frameworks: Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Micronaut, Golang
- Text Markup: Markdown, Asciidoc
- Automation: Jenkins, Argo CD, Spinnaker
- Queuing: Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Runtime: Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes
- Cloud: Azure
- Observability: Splunk, New Relic, Grafana
Who You Are
- You are an engineer who is a strong individual contributor for your team. You are capable of working issues in the backlog from ideation to completion in production and have a proven record of success in software development.
- You’re an engineer who knows good software development practices and are interested in the latest development practices or technologies that help developers.
- You enjoy finding opportunities to improve developer productivity by creating reusable solutions.
- You’re familiar with inner source practices for building a community of in-house developers.
- You understand the value of writing good developer documentation.
- You take pride in what you build with your team and you’re happy to educate others on what you’ve built and support it for the long run.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs