About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day scheduling of shipments, negotiating rates with 3rd party carriers, verify drivers’ logs, checking of shipments for accuracy and problem resolution. You will be Customer Curious as you work closely with your leader to ensure that the business and customer needs have been met through efficient shipping operations for optimal service to all areas of the business.
What You'll Do
- Route and schedule company trucks, shipments and 3rd party carriers
- Resolve customer complaints and issues pertaining to shipping
- Build and leverage trusting relationship with internal and external business partners to optimize and deliver creative solutions that drive business value
- Use established tools and procedures to identify, organize and categorize information
- Exchange job related information to provide routine support on an ongoing basis
Who You Are
- Basic knowledge of parcel transportation carriers, services, processes, and pricing
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and cross train to learn different skills with confidence
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to independently prioritize workload according to the needs of the business
- Ability to speak with candor to drive business results; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Learn and apply working knowledge of related work area processes and procedures
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 4PM-12AM
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, 30% off at Outlet
- Telehealth: Live on-demand video visits with a physician 24/7
- Access to specially negotiated discounted rates for Vision and Dental care
- Safe & Clean Environment
- Incentive Based Pay
- Climate Controlled Environment
- Opportunity to convert to Full Time
- Weekly Pay
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs