About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Manager, Global Travel oversees day-to-day operations of the travel program, from a vendor and traveler standpoint. The position works closely with the travel agency and vendors (including hotels, ground transportation providers, car rental agencies) to ensure an exemplary traveler experience. This role develops and maintains strong relationships with business partners at all levels, acting as a resource to help travelers navigate the travel policy and their travel options. They will constantly seek and identify opportunities to change and improve processes and policies to meet evolving needs of the business. In addition to customer focus, this role will also manage reporting and data required to support risk, security, audit, and spend management guidelines.
What You'll Do
What You’ll Do:
- Establish a strong rapport with employees and vendors, resulting in solid, trusting relationships; manage all customer service related issues (agency or online bookings, hotel/air/car suppliers, etc.) with all levels within the company through resolution
- Executive travel: Provide oversight to top executive’s travel plans to ensure they are accurate and complete; coordinate travel details for all Board of Director meetings, working directly with Board members and their assistants
- Utilize various communication channels to market the travel program to our travelers
- Provide direction to travel agency on day to day issues, policy updates and/or clarification, process improvements, and industry changes
- Work directly with travel agency operations management and agents to manage travel and administer corporate travel policies in order to comply with corporate/audit requirements; track and inform policy compliance for air hotel rate caps, usage of preferred hotels
- Lead the annual hotel RFP, including rate and value-added service negotiation, to offer a curated list of hotels to suit every traveler type
- Site administrator for online booking tool, including vendor management and site design/functionality to highlight program offerings and support ease of use
- Identify, implement and communicate new technologies that assist travelers with seamless travel
Who You Are
Who You Are:
- Able to balance excellent customer service, organizational and analytical skills
- Resourceful and skilled at anticipating potential challenges/obstacles and finding solutions
- Experienced in vendor management and negotiations
- Positive, professional, and calm under pressure
- Experienced with GDS (Global Distribution Systems) and online booking tools
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in corporate travel
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs