About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
At Gap Inc., we are using technology as a competitive advantage to become the world’s #1 specialty apparel retailer. As part of GapTech, you will deliver globally scalable, cloud-based solutions, using agile software development, DevOps practices, and advanced technologies.
Our Tech and Digital team pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. We are made up of thousands of people across the globe who try fast, learn fast, and think big for our customers, communities, and the planet. On our team, you will be part of the technology engine that is driving innovative retail, e-commerce, and global enterprise technology for Gap Inc. and our brands. Our engineers and developers work together to create a seamless omni-channel experience powered through cloud-based platforms, services architecture, and open-source technologies. We help the company grow – whether it’s increasing our global footprint, operating a flawless holiday shopping season, or helping a customer get the product they need, when they need it. Our passion is what sets us apart – we’re not just here to execute, but also learn and grow and innovate on what’s next.
What You'll Do
- Lead the team of developers making it all happen, enabling them at every step, and making sure they're productive and not blocked
- Define the goals of team, balancing good software development practices with customer needs in mind
- Strive to see your team ship early and often
- Advocate for and demonstrate the best ways of working for a modern dev team
- Build a sense of pride in your team for the product they're building -- all the way down to "We build it, we take the 2am call"
- Build up your team by creating trust between each developer, and leveling up your devs with new opportunities continually
Who You Are
- Experienced leading teams, including establishing organizational goals aligned with product vision.
- Strong with the words with proven ability to talk to all audiences: senior leaders, internal customers, your own devs, etc.
- Have experience and knowledge working on software development of larger scale apps in a distributed hosting environment.
- You think it's exciting to ship quality software continually and you encourage your team to find ways to improve that regularly.
- Strategic leader and problem solver that is able lead via their team who swings the hammer.
- You love making your devs productive, blocking and tackling for them at every turn.
- You like finding compromise and building agreement between differing camps of opinions.
- You're real and responsive to all needs of those you lead and work with -- you lift up folks, hug out bad stuff as it comes, and focus on creating an awesome work environment where people love coming to work at every day.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs