About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
What You'll Do
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with your Architecture, Product Management, Engineering and Technical Program Management peers to build the technology roadmap for the enterprise-wide services enabling online customer journey across all of Gap Inc.’s brands and markets.
In addition, you will institute the right processes and practices to ensure high availability of all your applications and services at scale, while contributing to your team’s technical roadmap in the Cloud.
You will be responsible for our major brand initiatives for new markets, and content platform across all our brands, across multiple geographies, showcasing our products to millions of customers worldwide, making it fast, intuitive and rewarding to shop online!
This role reports to the Site and Digital architect in GapTech.
Who You Are
- Responsible for web and mobile native experiences along with end to end integrations.
- Subject matter expertise in Solution and Integration architecture for Bag & Checkout systems including intra-domain, across domains and with 3rd party vendors
- Work with Product Management and Business stakeholders on long term capability and solution strategies, roadmaps, strategic partnership selection, sunset strategies. This includes Buy vs. build assessments.
- Work with Product Architects, Tech Leads and Vendor teams on aligning capability and technology roadmaps
- Responsible for high level solution design, translating business requirements into technology implications
- Accountable for ensuring the data architecture conforms to target-state constructs and naming conventions
- Review service contracts to ensure that information required by consumers is being exposed and participate in support process to help business users address functional issues related to application usage
- Proof of concept work (Data/Domain entity modeling, schema design, database selection, API contracts, AVRO/Kafka contracts). Responsible for supporting the ARB / InfoSec approval process, including contributing to artifacts
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs