About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
At Gap Inc., we are using technology as a competitive advantage to become the world’s #1 specialty apparel retailer. As part of GapTech, you will deliver globally scalable, cloud-based solutions, using agile software development, DevOps practices, and advanced technologies.
Our Tech and Digital team pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. We are made up of thousands of people across the globe who try fast, learn fast, and think big for our customers, communities, and the planet. On our team, you will be part of the technology engine that is driving innovative retail, e-commerce, and global enterprise technology for Gap Inc. and our brands. Our engineers and developers work together to create a seamless omni-channel experience powered through cloud-based platforms, services architecture, and open-source technologies. We help the company grow – whether it’s increasing our global footprint, operating a flawless holiday shopping season, or helping a customer get the product they need, when they need it. Our passion is what sets us apart – we’re not just here to execute, but also learn and grow and innovate on what’s next.
This role is on the Inventory Management Data Platform team. The data platform provides frameworks to support the ingestion of datasets needed for GapTech Inventory Management teams to build analytic / ML models. The platform also provides Data Quality, Data Governance and Observability for Ingestion pipelines as frameworks that accelerates the Data Engineering process end to end.
This role will focus on a next generation demand forecasting tool, Enhanced Demand Forecast. The enhanced Demand Forecast ML engine uses predictive analytics by processing historical, external, and trend data. The Data Engineering team is supporting the data needs if this algorithm. They are also supporting curation of datasets not only for the model build out, but also for the measurement of the generated analytic.
What You'll Do
- Provisioning, configuring, and monitoring batch analytics pipelines with technologies like Spark/databricks, Kafka on Cloud Microsoft Azure.
- Scratch-build a highly scalable, available, fault-tolerant data processing systems using cloud technologies
- Develop and manage ETLs to source data from various sales and operational systems and create unified data pipeline for analytics
- Design, implement, and support data warehouse / data lake infrastructure using Azure big data stack, Azure Synapse, Python, Spark etc.
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures
- Creating ETL/Ingestion jobs using Apache Spark and monitor/maintain the jobs on Cloud (Azure)
- Identify and surface performance and optimization opportunities and implement caching to improve the performance of derived views and using different joint methodologies like hash, nested, and merge.
- Schedule jobs using Scheduler and importing and exporting views to different databases and pre-prod environments and document the best practices and be actively involved in design discussions.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience and 8+ years of software development experience
- Strong experience working on spark platform, Python and python libraries
- Strong SQL skills
- Working experience on cloud-based environments such as Databricks on cloud platform environment, ADF, PySpark.
- Proficiency writing notebooks using Python/Spark
- Well versed with relational databases, non-relational databases, data streams, and file stores
- Experience in building distributed environments utilizing streaming architecture with Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Automation using Linux shell & Python scripting
- Hands-on experience in the DevOps model, production support and Agile methodologies as well understanding the concepts Test Driven Development and Business Driven Development
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience with Azure is a highly recommended
- Experience with Jenkins and other CI/CD tools
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop and associated technologies such as MapReduce and Spark
Good experience and Knowledge in
- Azure Storage (Blob, ADLS Gen2, Delta tables)
- Data Factory
- Data bricks and pipeline and work flow creation
- Trouble shooting and debugging Strong SQL skills
- Big data file system fundamentals
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs