About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will design highly scalable and high performing technology solutions in an Agile work environment by developing creative and innovative solutions using and Agile practices. You will collaborate closely with key business support teams, product managers, security and architecture to assist in resolving critical production issues to help simplify and improve business processes through the latest in technology and automation. You are a technical expert and will lead through the requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, and support phases of a product. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of domain and core programming technologies or packages and architecture to influence the direction of the product.
What You'll Do
- Lead significant and complex projects and define technical specifications and development requirements that result in high performing technology.
- Develop and enhance software to solve relatively complex situations and analyze data to make effective decisions, keeping customer experience at the forefront.
- Adopt and model a DevOps mindset by applying specialized technical knowledge, automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery in everything we do.
- Foster innovation by applying best practices and learnings from emerging technologies and through. collaboration with cross functional stakeholders and influence the technical direction of the product.
- Influence senior levels on projects of moderate to complex scope.
- Mentor and subject matter expert creating an environment where people can achieve their best.
- Facilitator and team builder creating a highly collaborative environment and high performing team.
Who You Are
- Expert knowledge of the Software Delivery Lifecycle, Security Compliance and Agile and SCRUM methodology and considered as leading expert in Software Development.
- Expert knowledge of complex software languages and platforms such as Java, Oracle, Azure etc. and emerging languages.
- Expert problem solver that is able lead through others developing creative solutions.
- Specialized technical expert with experience in developing and influencing teams that are cross functional including internal and external stakeholders including senior levels.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs