Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
The Manager, Site Merchandising for Gap Specialty Adult will drive seasonal strategies that meet or exceed site experience goals through in-season content management and site analysis. Customer first mindset and data driven, this role will partner closely with Sr. Director of Site Merchandising and Cross functional teams to build site experience that drives commerce while delivering on brand vision. This position reports into Sr. Director Site Merchandising, and manages three Site Merchants.
What You'll Do
- Strategize and execute site experience that meets customer demands. Use data insights, customer engagement KPIs and Brand product direction to manage a commerce driving sort & site experience; ; Analyze trends and historical data at category level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks and make relevant site update.
- Co-lead the Gap Specialty Site Merch organization with Sr. Site Merchant for Kids & Baby. Motivate and lead the team of Merchandise Coordinators through strategy and execution, while developing and supporting effective working relations with members of cross-functional teams
- Develop a deep understanding of the technical capabilities of our web platform, along with third party vendors we use to enhance the site experience; as well as all pre-season product and marketing strategies to ensure the site experience is aligned with the brand vision
- Drive continual improvement of our site analytics to assess KPIs to inform pre-season & in-season site strategies. Analyze data set and turn them into clear actions.
- Continually analyze, execute, and provide improvements to the customer experience as it relates to category and product page content.
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories and styles while navigating the experience through the lens of the customer. Proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive websites and make recommendations based on learnings.
- Partner with key cross functional partners to test, implement and operationalize site technologies and capabilities. Act as a SME for site technologies;
Who You Are
- 7+ years of merchandising or digital/ecommerce experience and site merchandising
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to assess the business and drive decisions
- Ability to collaborate, build strong relationships with cross-functional partner, and read data into concise story telling with clear actions.
- Possess customer-centric mindset. Adaptable to diverse audiences, environments, and situations
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong process orientation and ability to understand system dependencies is a must
- Self-starter and highly motivated, capable of balancing multiple priorities working in a fast-paced, team environment
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs