About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the Role
In this role, you will drive the development of color, print and pattern identity for a product area or division. You will develop seasonal print and woven concepts using a CAD system to create repeats, colorways, and scale variations of both purchased and original artwork. You’ll need to partner closely with the design team and understand the brand aesthetic to achieve iconic and flawless concepts.
What You'll Do
- Create seasonal print/color concepts and build out relevant print/yarn dye/ embroidery pattern stories from that concept that are on brand
- Lead, develop and guide CAD Textile Designers and Associate Designers to build a highly talented and technically experienced team
- Build cross functional partnerships and consensus
- Influence strategy for product area or division
- Ensure prints and yarn dyes are maintained in CAD system in multiple colorways and various sizes, maximizing efficiency and organization and meeting deadlines
- Maintain an understanding of print and CAD technology trends in the market, providing relevant imagery to communicate print trends and build seasonal color palettes and pattern boards
- Responsible for preparing artwork packages that comply with production ready standards, providing well defined recommendations to meet business requirements
Who You Are
- Expert Knowledge of CAD systems/software/printers (NedGraphics; Illustrator; Photoshop), MS Office and Excel, print and textile designs, color matching and creation of colorways
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Awareness of product development from conceptualization to finished design for textiles
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Basic understanding of the procedures in other relevant areas, such as merchandising, design, and production.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs