About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Gap Inc.’s Retail Academy offers on-boarding, functional and professional development programs to build employee skills and capabilities across the enterprise. The Sr Manager of GapTech Onboarding, Retail Academy will partner with the leadership team in upholding best-in-industry training offerings through effective planning of program, execution of curriculum, and project management of GapTech Onboarding.
• This role reports into Director of Retail Academy
• Collaborate with the GapTech Leadership team and functional leaders to determine business priorities to provide seamless new employee training program to new North America employees
• Establish and develop partnerships with key business partners and subject matter experts in L&D, People & Culture, GapTech, Corp Ops/Facilities, Corp Events, at all levels
• Supports the Retail Academy enterprise learning strategy as needed
What You'll Do
- Lead program strategy by communicating with and engaging with leaders, managers and learners, to create a program aligned with GapTech priorities
- Enhance and update and execute program curriculum, including VILT courses and online learnings and coordinating with learning and software vendors
- Build strategic partnerships across People & Culture and GapTech to develop curriculum and operate the program
- Facilitate select meetings, overviews and courses within the Onboarding program.
- Manage program operations by creating efficient and repeatable processes for a seamless and consistent learner experience using Workday LMS and other tools, recapping results for quarterly reporting to leadership, budget planning
Who You Are
- 4+ years program management and facilitation experience, instructional design experience and an interest or background in technology a plus.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You are a continuous learner and possess organizational savvy to build relationships across the company
- Create with audacity, using experience in adult learning theory and/or instructional design and leadership and functional development
- Proven ability in analyzing problems or process opportunities and recommending sound, creative, logical solutions.
- Written, verbal communication skills; ability to articulate point of view
- High professional standards: strong customer service mentality (customer curious); possess a positive “can-do” attitude
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, knowledge of learning tools (ie Articulate, Sharepoint, Mailchimp) a plus
- Understanding of Gap Inc’s business and HR practices a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs