About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
At Gap Inc., our purpose is to be Inclusive, By Design. Our updated vision is to grow purpose-led, billion-dollar brands that shape peoples’ way of life. An important part of Gap Inc.’s Power Plan 2030 strategy and Next 50 plan is to transform how we operate in service to our customers. At the core of this plan is an accelerated digital transformation, to enhance growth, customer-centricity, speed, efficiency and resilience.
To that end, we have established a Digital Transformation Office (DTO) that will drive the design, implementation and achievement of large-scale strategic initiatives. These initiatives transformation the organization and its core capabilities to improve growth and profitability. The DTO provides rigor, structure, expertise and activation to design and deliver these initiatives individually and collectively. The DTO is responsible for partnering with leaders to drive the digital transformation strategy, performing transformation program management, change management and process engineering.
The Manager of Personalization at Scale for the Digital Transformation Office (DTO) will drive forward the program management office (PMO) to help achieve a more engaging consumer journey online ensuring greater personalization of content to increase engagement, driving loyalty and sales growth while reducing returns and discounts.
The development of this critical capability consists of (but is not limited to) three parallel focus areas. Experience with technology, teams, and strategy in all three areas is preferred:
1. Personalization engine and analytics
2. Content management
3. Digital asset management
This role is critical to the DTO program management office’s role in ensuring the consistent application of program management best practices, the removal of roadblocks and risks, and the synthesis of deliverables and interdependencies. This role also assists the Sr. Manager in partnering with change management to drive communications efforts when necessary.
The successful individual in this role has experience in program management in a complex program and is adept at synthesizing, consulting, and communicating across multiple large-scale programs. This role is highly organized, excited to be fluent in key details of programs, and is a change activator adept at translating risks into action with cross-functional partners. This individual is also comfortable navigating a complex organization and influencing senior business partners.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain project framework materials and methodologies (i.e., governance, RACI, RAID, status reporting, milestone meeting documentation)
- Oversee project planning by working with business stakeholders and partners to capture project plan elements including phases, key activities, milestones, deliverables, as well as resource allocation for capacity planning
- Ensure relevant programs/projects are on track, including budget, timeline and scope. Anticipate roadblocks and proactively addresses issues before they impact business results
- Provide visibility to program progress and status updates, development and execution of change strategy and plan, KPI performance, and value forecast/tracking. Maintain internal/external project status reporting materials
- Identify interdependencies, risks, and issues; and activate partners to address. Support resolution of risks, actions, issues, and decisions (RAID); capture relevant notes and escalate to appropriate stakeholders or groups
- Facilitate decision management for capability design, value identification, project execution, timeline/milestone impacts, and value achievement
- Support program/project leadership in developing executive presentation materials
- Proactively build business partner relationships, including with business leaders and other project managers, to discuss risks and collaborate on interdependencies
- Partner with change management team members to ensure cohesive transformation plans including change deliverables
- Leverage analytical skills to collect, organize and analyze large, complex data sets efficiently and effectively
- Must be able to understand different stakeholder perspectives, goals, and resources to deliver a successful cross-functional project and drive intended results
Who You Are
- Professional experience in strategy or management consulting; eCommerce strategic role preferred
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem solver and strategic thinker with the ability to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
- Able to translate complex ideas and dispersed information into simple, actionable recommendations
- Experience with performing program management and leading PMO roll-ups in a complex program management capacity; includes expertise in operationalizing program management governance and RACI.
- Experience in digital marketing, data management, analytics, and related information systems or similar transformations a ‘plus’, particularly efforts to drive personalization in digital marketing programs
- Passion for relationship-building and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives
- Eager to deeply understand and drive program deliverables, write executive presentations and manage projects directly if applicable
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs