For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the Role
The Director of Design for Intimates & Swim at Athleta is responsible for innovating and creating the strategic direction of business through creating beautiful product that performs; accountable for development process, growing business and seeking opportunities to positively affect their respective categories through new to market technologies for both short and long term impact. This role leads, mentors and develops a team of designers and partners closely with cross functional leaders who collectively are responsible for creating product that is famous for its sustainable technical beauty.
What You'll Do
Leads a high performing team to drive the product categories within your area of responsibility.
Develops strong internal cross-functional relationships within Athleta and across Gap Inc. not limited to merchandising, production, tech design, marketing, product ops, and the Center of Excellence – Active.
Leads and inspires functional team to remain; product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
Key member of the Athleta Design and Product Core leadership teams.
Sets overall direction in the conceptual development of product lines, anchored in innovative solutions.
Responsible for managing team in all aspects of entire product design process, designing, creation/cocreation, sketching, building and fitting.
Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
Oversees selection of fabric and trim.
Responsible for identifying and executing opportunities within the product development process for continuous improvement.
Selects, leads, develops, and evaluates team members.
Who You Are
- Must have 10+ years of design background with at least 5 years of management experience.
- In depth knowledge of design techniques and processes.
- Team Leadership - has progressive experience leading teams of technical and non-technical experts to drive a common vision.
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, ability to navigate complexity, work with creative and technical teams, and collaborate across a senior leadership team.
- Change Leadership - experience leading through significant change & transformation
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs