About Banana Republic
Born from two California creatives fueled by their explorer spirits, Banana Republic has repositioned itself as a premium, experiential lifestyle brand for today’s modern world. Designed for a life where anything is possible, we use the finest materials with the latest fabric innovations to create timeless, versatile clothing, jewelry, shoes and handbags. Through our home and art collections, we extend beyond apparel and are a part of our customers' lives at home.
We are creating memorable, immersive experiences online and in-store that build lasting relationships and solve our customers’ lifestyle needs. Our team is made up of passionate and curious storytellers who are pushing the boundaries to deliver consistent, quality product through an elevated customer experience. Sound interesting? Join us as on the BR journey as we create what’s next.
About the Role
The Associate Art Director, through close collaboration with our Brand Art Director and our San Francisco studio team will be responsible for the daily delivery and execution of on-brand, market leading imagery that both pushes boundaries in terms of creative execution and adheres to seasonal e-commerce creative direction and guidelines.
We are looking for an Associate Art Director with a proven record in leading studio based photoshoots at the highest calibre. A true visionary, willing to drive creative output and elevate the on-set Art Direction for PPOF (E-commerce) across both BR Specialty and Factory.
Together with our Brand Art Director, you will contribute to the continued evolvement of our imagery and progression of consistency by leading and executing daily photoshoots to the brand creative direction.
The Associate Art Director will work collaboratively across the Howard e-commerce studio, Site Merchandising, Marketing and Styling.
What You'll Do
- Lead on-set art direction of our daily e-commerce photography shoots (PPOF)
- Ensure our visual brand strategy and creative guidelines are interpreted in our daily photoshoots
- Collaborate and drive effective communication with on-set photographers, stylists, hair and makeup artists and digital technicians to create shoots that are both on brand and market leading
- Edit daily photoshoots with on-set teams to ensure lighting and tonal consistency
- Provide clearly notated PDF of shoot edits daily, complete with retouching notes for Digital Artists
- Work alongside our Brand Art Director to inspire, influence and evolve our imagery for both BR Specialty and Factory
- Ensure that product photography runs smoothly and efficiently whilst maximizing productivity
- Participate in photography, lighting, styling and video direction conversations with team leads
- Collaborate with Brand Art Director to support on the creation of seasonal guidelines for on figure and lay-down product photography
- Daily quality control check-ins with Brand AD on all operating sets, when needed
- Assist on marketing style shoots and content when required
Who You Are
- 6 years of studio art direction and/or creative direction experience
- BA or BFA preferred in Arts, Fine Arts or Graphic Design
- Deep knowledge in on-figure site photography, motion and studio creative
- Experience in directing photoshoot teams in an e-commerce environment
- Operates with an elevated taste level and all round passion for fashion and imagery
- Understanding of current industry related trends
- Goal oriented, with demonstrated success in managing through ambiguity and change in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving and strategic-thinking skills
- Well versed in short-term and long-range planning and execution of a portfolio of projects
- Established skillset in relationship-building, presentation, and communication (written and verbal); Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work with a variety of people in various disciplines
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $134,000 - $177,500 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs