About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
The Online Inventory Analyst is crucial in supporting the Digital Merchandising team in maximizing sales, margin, inventory optimization and trackingeconciliation with an eye for detail, strong analytical and time management skills and baseline business acumen. This key role drives and is accountable for the reconciliation and recapping of receipts on a monthly basis, seasonal sizing and packing of the product and digging into size analysis to uncover opportunities. They will also support divisional Digital Merchandising teams with other ad hoc analyses, reporting and key inputs for milestone meetings and participating in business reviews.
What You'll Do
- Receipt Reconciliation
- Complete monthly receipt reconciliation to validate pre-season investments are flowing through correctly to in-season timeframe.
- Works closely with cross functional partners to maintain continuum of communication throughout the month
- Understands receipt data sources to provide insight and point of view.
- Sizing and Packing
- Responsible for timely completion of Sizing and Packing post-PO creation
- Partner with to resolve flags around size/pack needs resulting from PO changes
- Size Profile Analysis
- Manage strategic positioning of size investments – validating buys at the size level, ensuring optimal size availability for our customer.
- Provide team with analyses around size profile opportunities each quarter
- Business Review Participation
- Participate in business reviews for their merchandise areas to learn about the business, engage in findings and understand context of customer and business needs
- Attend and participate in divisional Open to Buy meetings and inventory reviews
- Ad hoc Reporting and Weekly Business Recaps
- Run daily/weekly reports that support the business recaps
- Work with Digital Merchant leads on additional reporting and analyses to support the business as needed
- Support/participate in a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented environment
Who You Are
- Analytical Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs