About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will design highly scalable and high performing technology solutions in an Agile work environment and produce and deliver code and/or test cases using wide-ranging experience, professional concepts, company objectives and Agile practices. You will collaborate closely with key business support teams, product managers, architecture to assist in resolving complex critical cross-team and cross-domain production issues to help simplify and improve business processes through the latest in technology and automation. You are a technical expert and will lead through the requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, and support phases of a product. You will leverage your comprehensive knowledge of domain and core programming technologies or packages to mentor and advise team members.
This is a remote role is based out Dallas, TX. However, the Company may require you in the future to work in an on-site location designated by Gap Inc. on a full-time or part-time basis.
What You'll Do
- Lead significant projects and define technical specifications and development requirements that result in high performing technology that are also domain specific.
- Develop and enhance product and/or applications independently to solve complex business problems by keeping customer experience at the forefront.
- Adopt and model a DevOps mindset by applying automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery in everything we do.
- Foster innovation by applying best practices and learning from emerging technologies and through collaboration with cross functional stakeholders.
- Communicate difficult concepts and lead teams through design and interpretation.
- Mentor and subject matter expert in support of domain areas, leading assignments of diverse scope.
- Balances project delivery objectives with organizational initiatives.
Who You Are
- Software Development experience and knowledge of the Software Delivery Lifecycle, Security Compliance and Agile and SCRUM methodology, industry and competitor practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various software languages and platforms such as Java, Oracle, Azure etc.
- Expert at leading technical requirements and interpretation of business requirements.
- Experience with leading significant projects and mentoring teams.
- Experience with developing teams that are cross functional and include internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced proficiency in R, Python, Spark, Hive (or other MR), and common scripting languages for E2E pipeline Advanced proficiency using SQL for efficient manipulation of large datasets in on prem and cloud distributed computing environments, such as Azure environments
- Experience with ML and classical predictive techniques such as logistic regression, decision trees, non linear regressions, ANN/CNN, boosted trees, SVM, Tensorflow, visualization packages, and a track record for creating business impact with these methods
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $111,600 - $163,900 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs