About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Product Analytics Team at Gap Inc. is a research team that applies techniques from operations research and machine learning to drive business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands.
The team’s focus is creating analytical capabilities to support inventory management at Gap Inc. Areas of expertise include: demand forecasting, inventory replenishment, inventory and supply chain optimization, pricing, product testing, product attributes, flexible inventory and supply chain initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Build, validate, and maintain AI (Machine Learning (ML) /Deep learning) models, diagnose and optimize performance and develop statistical models and analysis for ad hoc business focused analysis
- Manipulate large amounts of data across a diverse set of subject areas, collaborating with other data scientists and data engineers to prepare data pipelines for various modeling protocols
- Surface creative tactics to diagnose performance and identify areas where performance is optimal or can be improved upon, use visualizations to tell the story behind the machinery to our stakeholders to drive strategic adoption, results and recommendations
- Communicate meaningful, actionable insights from large data and metadata sources to stakeholders
- Synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Provide framework/methodology for measurement and feedback mechanism for models
Who You Are
- Advanced proficiency in Python, Spark, Hive, and common scripting languages for E2E pipeline
- Advanced proficiency using SQL for efficient manipulation of large datasets in on prem and cloud distributed computing environments, such as Azure environments
- Experience with ML and classical predictive techniques such as logistic regression, decision trees, nonlinear regressions, ANN/CNN, boosted trees, SVM, Tensorflow, visualization packages, and a track record for creating business impact with these methods
- Ability to work both at a detailed level as well as to summarize findings and extrapolate knowledge to make strong recommendations for change
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and influence product and analytics roadmap, with a demonstrated proficiency in relationship building
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs