About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Every summer, we invite talented rising seniors to join us for a challenging, hands-on experience in the retail industry. The ten-week Summer Intern Program is based in San Francisco.
The Summer Internship Program combines meaningful work experiences with exposure to different areas of our business to give interns a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge of the retail industry and determine whether they would like to pursue a career at Gap Inc. after graduation. As an intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders. You will work on impactful projects and you will have the opportunity to present to senior management. We invite you to participate in events, such as hanging out at a baseball game, happy hours, local excursions, volunteering in the community, etc.
Our Customer, Digital, and Technology team pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who try fast, learn fast, and think big for our customers, communities, and the planet. On our team, you will be part of the technology engine that is driving innovative retail, e-commerce, and global enterprise technology for Gap Inc. and our brands. Our engineers and developers work together to create a seamless omni-channel experience powered through cloud-based platforms, services architecture, and open-source technologies. We help the company grow – whether it’s increasing our global footprint, operating a flawless holiday shopping season, or helping a customer get the product they need, when they need it. Our passion is what sets us apart – we’re not just here to execute, but also learn and grow and innovate on what’s next.
Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team for a Summer Internship!
What you'll do
- We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc. Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact.
- The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta. At Gap Inc, almost all our applications are home grown, and we therefore collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We have roles in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
- Product Managers use a strong product mindset with a combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge. We are looking for product managers that are passionate about the customer’s journey, while strive to understand the complexities of system integrations and operational impacts. Here are a few components of the role of an intern:
- Leveraging the current technology platform, Product Management Interns will assist in creating solutions that are grounded in customer research and solve customer and business problems within the e-commerce and marketing technology space.
- Identify and evaluate new customer and business opportunities by focusing on the customer experience
- Work with business teams to complete business readiness and implementation activities
- Complete analysis and prove benefits of new capabilities
- We have opportunities in these four areas:
- Digital: Front end shopping experience for customers
- API: Integrations between our website & partner apps
- Product Creation: Design, Supply Chain, Merchandising & Inventory
- Gap Data Platform: Cross Brand Data & Analytics Platform
Who you are
- Undergraduate student with one year or less left to graduate in Business, Management, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Computer Science or related degree - accepting students that graduate in December 2022 and Spring 2023
- Familiarity with technical acumen with an ability to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs. Ability to communicate technical concepts to business users
- Strong curiosity about the retail business in stores and online & ability to understand customer needs
- Ability to build relationships and work with a team to solve complex problems
- Curious thought leader, comfortable with ambiguity
- Proficiency in storytelling and able to influence multiple levels of the organization
- Highly analytical and proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs