About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a team member of the GAP Tech organization with focus on Supply Chain Product End to End applications, we’re looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who will actively lead in requirement gathering and technical design discussions. This role will design highly scalable and high performing technology solutions in an Agile work environment and produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices. This individual will work closely with business support teams and product managers to assist in resolving critical production issues help simplify and improve business processes through the latest in technology and automation.
This individual proactively stays current on the latest in technology and methodology in the market and be able to perform proof of concepts to better understand how they fit into the Gap landscape and to apply usefulness and effectiveness to the organization upon adoption. The role is responsible for technical and architecture implementation against the agreed scope and quality of the end product delivered. The key business partners that will works closely with this team member are the Product Architect, Technical Lead, Technical Manager, Product manager and Scrum Master in order to balance product architecture and to meet delivery timeline.
What you'll do
- Serves as application SME for the Retail Supply Chain process
- Define options/alternatives for proposals to meet new IT enabling opportunities
- Develop and review software for large complexity business problems within and across projects or within one or more systems
- Lead external providers in defining technical specifications and development efforts as appropriate
- Advise others on development of features or components and conduct development and design reviews
- Write well-written, self-documenting code that follows best practices and design patterns and develop/design continuous integration and build pipeline
- Lead, follow, and teach others by participating in paired programming and code reviews and practice automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery embracing DevOps mindset
- Work with project teams, Operations, and Support teams to assure timely resolution to production and project issues
Who you are
- 8+ years of software development experience with retail and fulfillment domains
- Proven Experience in the Design-Implementation-Testing-Support of features that make up the Product/Applications. Preferable experience in Retail/Supply Chain systems.
- Expert proficiency in Java, SQL, No SQL, Event Queue (RabbitMQ, Kafka),REST/SOAP, TCP/IP protocols, REST, SpringBoot, Microsoft Azure or other Cloud Technologies
- Demonstrated experience using test automation frameworks using Cucumber, Groovy and Gradle Experience working with Continuous Integration and environment development of build pipeline using with Jenkin and Chef
- Experience using and setting up application monitoring using tools like Splunk, New Relic and Pager Duty
- Experience planning and supporting production cutover activities and stabilization support and working in an Agile Scrum Environment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs