For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
We are seeking a strategic, ambitious and imaginative leader to design and implement Athleta’s strategy for the product operating model of the future. This strategy is highly cross-functional and touches all parts of the product create and make process. This leader will be able to think big in the design of the strategy, and will be able to think small to bring the vision to reality. This person has experience in influencing key stakeholders in IT, Sourcing, Quality, Design and Marketing. They are adaptive; they can create order from chaos; they are a critical thinker; they are organized; they want to be part of something big that will transform the organization from end to end.
What you'll do
- Evolve our thinking and understanding about the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities in our product operating model.
- Design proof of concept experiments to validate key premises.
- Navigate with ease through complexity and ambiguity to a place of clarity and alignment.
- Facilitate meaningful discussions with various functions to be able to get to the root of issues.
- Map current and future processes.
- Be the creator and architect of the future product operating model.
- Deploy multiple simultaneous workstreams across the organization.
- Lead the organization in effective change management and adoption.
- Be an expert in communication: verbal, written and data visualization.
- Interface with IT to translate the business needs into digitalization requirements.
- Travel for work as needed (<20%)
Who you are
- Be passionate about details
- Be flawless in execution
- Be a self-starter
- Be a visionary; able to see connections across process and teams that aren’t readily apparent
- Be passionate about Athleta and our customers
- Be able to maintain a positive attitude in times of stress
- Be an excellent listener and learner
- Be tech and data savvy
- Be able to add clarity and resolution in situations of ambiguity
- Undergraduate degree.
- MBA/MS preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive operations experience in the Apparel or Fashion industry.
- Experienced in leading complex transformation projects.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs