For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
As a member of the Athleta Transformation team, the Director Strategy will play a key role in leading a transformation initiative for product operating model. This role will be primarily focused on creating value by augmenting how we bring our customer’s voice (VoC)and the power of systems into our design, make and sell processes. This person will be responsible for characterizing issues, defining solution requirements across multiple functions and driving the implementation of the project.
The Director Strategy will be required to lead / support cross functional working groups or engage subject matter experts (SMEs) for problem solving, process mapping, process re-design, requirements gathering, procedural documentation, etc. This person will help define what the future should look like. They will be able to navitage through complexity and ambiguity and drive to essence and clarity. Understanding of products and functions within the retail environment would be advantageous.
What you'll do
- Develop comprehensive project plans, processes and workflows for efficiency and flawless execution, establishing appropriate ownership for all deliverables; contributes to thoughtful and creative discussions with departments and management on resource and scheduling, team prioritization, plans and challenges
- Analyze data on assigned program/projects for efficiency gains and make recommendations to senior leadership
- Partner directly with key stakeholders to provide actionable insights, inclusive of identifying trends in sentiment and feedback themes and quantifying value and scale for impact. Produce compelling visualizations and insights to tell the story of the journey and communicate those insights clearly and appropriately throughout the organization.
- Propose, develop and implement IT requirements/solutions that can enhance the effectiveness of our process.
- Proactively identity upcoming risks, inefficiencies, issues, and bottlenecks.
- Lead project meetings and monthly meetings (developing agenda, ensuring documents/pre-reads are prepared and issued, running/moderating the meeting)
- Ensure success in managing projects and programs. Provide guidance to develop PMO strategy and project roadmap.
- Communicate with the Executive Leadership on project status and key issuesisks
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience building and using PMO methodology, process, and tools
- 5+ years of experience overseeing IT budget, IT governance & Intake, and IT resource demand management
- Strong project management experience managing multi-phased and highly complex projects
- Bachelor's Degree
- Passionate about the voice of the customer
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs