For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Athleta Product Operations team will be a group of functional experts driving the larger product teams to operational excellence. This role within the Athleta Product Operations team will be assigned to support the Merchandising function as well as strategic development of product innovation. This role will be key tactical support for the VP of Merchandising, as well as the Head of Fabric R&D, in areas like organizational efficiency, project management, calendar management, research and supporting staff meetings. As a key partner in driving our product innovation pipeline and process, this operations leader will be connecting the dots of consumer insights, industry trends, brand priorities, and team capabilities.
What you'll do
- Innovation Cultivator
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Drives Results
- Change Leadership
This role will be accountable for driving operational efficiencies in the creation and delivery of products. This will involve being a problem-solver at the daily, tactical level, while also translating the short-term solutions into long-term process improvements for the future. There will be frequent interaction with executives, and you enjoy creating excellent, customized communications for all levels.
- You are a natural leader with the ability to facilitate actions and resolve conflicts while communicating with ease at all levels.
- You feel strongly that no task is too small or too big. You are able to dive into any domain that needs attention, such as executive communications, business strategy, product life cycle, team effectiveness, meeting management.
- You take projects across the finish line. This role leads and drives operational initiatives and projects from start to end. This includes discovery work to characterize the problem, development and proving out solutions, and deployment of the solution into the fabric of the organization.
- Develop workflow improvements that ensure timely and complete handoff of work across the product team, specifically in long range plans with Merchandising & Materials R&D
- Support Merchandising VP & Head of Fabric R&D in staff meetings and brainstorming.
- Create and drive complex, cross-functional project plans.
- Manage key meetings and take the lead as needed for note-taking and following up on actions.
- Deeply understand the functional needs and dependencies in the product development and innovation pipeline.
- Represent the team in IT system implementation meetings.
- Inform and influence cross functional stakeholders by clearly articulating a point of view that considers the implications of proposed changes for all partners.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking by iterative process development and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Represent data in innovative and meaningful ways.
Who you are
- MBA preferred
- 3+ years in project management
- 6+ years in a merchandising/product development role
- Experience in large-scale system/tool implementation eg Oracle, line plans, PLM tools.
- Proficiency in data analytics and data visualization
- Knowledge of PowerBI, Tableau or similar tools, is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will work with cross-functional business partners to bring strategies to life.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs