About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc.’s Global Real Estate Finance & Strategy team provides strategic and analytical support to the Gap, Inc. global portfolio of brands including Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Old Navy. We are dedicated to all brands and are responsible for making strategic investment decisions for the company’s fleet of retail stores.
We are currently seeking a Senior Real Estate Financial Analyst to contribute to strategic and analytical initiatives within the Gap Inc. global real estate portfolio. The ideal candidate has a strong financial background and a keen interest in real estate finance and portfolio management. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for driving strategic real estate decisions through in-depth analysis, synthesizing quantitative as well as qualitative data into coherent fact-based recommendations.
What you'll do
- Support the growth of the real estate portfolio through analysis of capital investment in new stores
- Recommend global real estate portfolio actions though evaluation of business and real estate trends, deal terms and cash flow analysis, and scenario analysis
- Responsible for the development of business cases for investment decisions in collaboration with Real Estate Field, Store Design and Development, Store Operations, Finance, and Legal business partners
- Prepare and present real estate actions and investment recommendations to senior leaders in real estate reviews and committee meetings
- Support the development of brand real estate strategies and strategic initiatives as well as support the leasing team with all financials related to real estate
- Partner with finance and store operations business partners to evaluate real estate transactions to include ROIC, proforma, sales forecasting, financial modeling, and P&L analysis
- Manage critical dates for real estate transactions and initiatives
- Responsible for ad hoc projects, reporting, and analysis as needed
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field, CPA or MBA a plus
- Minimum 3-10 years experience in real estate, finance, or business planning; retail and/or real estate industry experience a plus
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of cash flows and investment planning metrics (e.g., NPV, IRR, EBITDA)
- Detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally managing multiple projects
- Knowledge of advanced Excel (e.g., macros, pivot tables, Essbase) and PowerPoint functions a plus
- Adept written and verbal communication abilities
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs