For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Site Merchant is responsible for driving and managing the online business via strategy and execution. The position reports into a Sr. Site Merchant. You are product obsessed keeping abreast of trends and historical data. You also use a macro-lens and your digital expertise to help inform and help to drive business performance.
Teamwork and collaboration are a real thing at Athleta. The Site Merchant will work in close partnership with the Product Merchandising, Inventory Management, Site Marketing, Digital Marketing and Digital Production teams to plan, develop, execute our Tops strategy on our e-commerce site and app. The position is multifaceted and will work closely with the entire site merchandising team to deliver aggressive growth goals.
What you'll do
- Partner with Senior Site Merchant on overall Site navigation and merchandising strategy (e.g., site structure, linking). Manage execution and curation of on-site sorts.
- Analyze Site and App business performance and apply key learnings to help optimize the Tops business, making recommendations on in season and next year changes
- Reporting on weekly and seasonal performance taking into account business trends, customer insights, and macro trends. Share and articulate key learnings in weekly business review with digital leadership.
- Support omni asset planning and management across Site (desktop and mobile), App, Email, and DCM (paid ads, social) in partnership with the brand, digital, and site marketing teams
- Partner with Senior Site Merchant to provide inputs to marketing briefs across all channels (site, app, email, DCM) – advise on key styles for messages based on product strategy, investment, inventory positioning, and the assets aligned on during Omni Asset Planning
- Work with Production Team, Central Digital Team and 3rd party vendors to give input and leveraging business learnings to drive strategy for external vendors (ie Certona, Stylitics)
- Serve as a partner for product merchants and inventory planning for the Tops assortment, advocating for online-specific product needs
- Leverage site metrics and performance to provide input and strategic direction around search, product recommendations, etc.
Who you are
- College Degree
- 3-5 years industry experience in ecommerce merchandising with an understanding of the digital landscape and site performance metrics
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Project management and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications - Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-through skills
- Collaborative leadership skills and ability to work with diverse partners
- Strong understanding of Women’s apparel market and trends
- Strong eye for relevant and brand-appropriate product
- Understanding the competitive environment; proactively seeking market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs