About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Mexico Buyer ensures the successful development, execution and communication of financial and assortment plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals for the Mexico Market. The Buyer is the expert of their division and is a true business owner who knows their customer and their market inside and out. The Buyer is responsible for partnering with the global team to ensure Mexico needs are embedded in the Global Old Navy product strategies.
• Analyze the sales results for respective division (comparison to last year, US specialty stores and trend).
• Identify and highlight unique market nuances and/or needs to impact current or future seasonal strategies.
• Partner with functional leads to develop and support assortment customization and in store experience.
• Implement ongoing commercial planning activities and performance analytics.
Preseason Inventory Planning:
• In partnership with manager, help develop and communicate comprehensive financial & product strategies.
• Assist in the development of annual, seasonal, monthly and weekly financial plans, as appropriate.
• Review and drive category level pricing, discount management and strategies aligned with financial plans.
• Help facilitate and manage seasonal exclusive business needs (unique product + placement, product edits/leveling, commercial plan/category distortion).
• Present divisional business recaps in weekly business meeting, performance and forward looking action.
• Forecast in-season sales, margin expectations and inventory ownership. Assist in developing strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.
• Drive in-season pricing strategies (promo & markdown) to meet financial objectives.
• Driven and Influence allocation and inventory depending on market needs.
• Present monthly open-to-buy activities.
• Visit markets to understand competitive landscape; document pricing and product opportunities.
• Analyze and prepare competitive market trend information and customer feedback.
Who you are
• Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math.
• Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data.
• Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action.
• Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of partners.
• Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and leaders.
• Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in MS Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
• Required to travel domestically and international
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years work experience, preferred
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.