About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This role provides seamless support via phone to Field and Corporate employees in Canada and US on issues related to Payroll, Paid Time Off, Benefit Information, and Employee Records. You deliver a high level Tier 1 customer service and support questions on paycheck issues, Paid Time off, Benefits, Employee Records, Verifications, and general navigation for the company’s self-service portal. Internal customers include, but are not limited to, store staff, Field operations, corporate teams, external business partners, external companies and government agencies. Fluency in both English and French is required (writing and speaking).
What you'll do
- You will provide telephone support to Field and Corporate employees on payroll and subject area questions to first call resolution; you should have a natural sense of urgency and strong emotional intelligence to handle escalated calls frequently
- You will play a role in identifying and implementing process improvements for our team
- You will interact frequently with employees at all levels of Gap Inc. in a call center environment
- You will adhere to all department policies and procedures such as confidentiality, authorized approval signatures, and proper handling of electronic documents and personally identifiable information (PII).
Who you are
- Ability to work Monday to Friday, 8-5. This role is bilingual, English and French, supporting employees in Canada and the US
- An understanding of Microsoft Office suite with experience using Microsoft Excel; you should have strong technical skills and you’ll work within multiple software programs simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse team environment
- Ability to prioritize work while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Experience with HRMS such as PeopleSoft or Workday is helpful
- Must have high accountability with demonstrated organizational skills; strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Must exhibit a growth mindset and a desire to improve
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs