About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Project Manager of Transportation will own the core responsibility of managing long term projects for Global Transportation, as well creation and documentation in partnership with senior leadership. This individual will oversee all aspects of projects, inclusive of setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring/summarizing progress and preparing reports for senior leaders regarding status. The successful candidate will work directly with business partners to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. They will collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to understand business priorities, design business solutions, and lead implementations. This role will lead and direct the work of others with a wide degree of creativity and latitude, reporting directly to Director of Transportation.
What you'll do
- Develop and refine project scope, structure, and approach, including frameworks, quantitative and qualitative analyses, and capability roadmaps. Identify key issues, guide and execute analysis, develop conclusions, and present findings to cross-functional leaders.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor/track progress and measure project performance using appropriate tools & techniques to be shared with all stakeholders.
- Manage documentation of existing operating model constructs, including process mapping, RACI, analytics and tools, and identify and manage development and execution of process and capability improvements across relevant functions.
- Evaluate the performance of current product operations and recommend strategies, changes in priorities to achieve business goals.
- Stay abreast of industry, competitor, and consumer behavior trends that can impact Gap Inc. and Global Transportation responsibilities.
Who you are
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insights and decisions.
- Strong relationship-building skills in working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is preferred.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Project, and PPT; adept at analyzing data and developing executive-facing presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs