About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The VP/Head of Global Ecommerce Operations leads a cross-functional team of digital producers, program managers, ecommerce operations specialists, UX designers, product copywriters and sample managers in bringing to life Old Navy Online across our global digital vehicles (desktop, mobile, app, email). This role combines the best of digital strategic thought leadership with a dedicated commitment to flawless execution and operational excellence. In addition, this leader drives key omni-channel initiatives across the brand, closely partnering with Merchandising, Marketing/Creative and enterprise technology team members on all product and customer roadmaps. This leader also acts as executive sponsor for all A/B testing initiatives (brand, or platform). Through strong leadership and managerial oversight, this leader will effectively prioritize internal resources, navigate organizational mazes, influence Senior Leaders and assess/quantify risk to any ecommerce or digital endeavor. This role reports to the Senior Vice President/GM of Old Navy Online, sits on the ONOL leadership team and works closely with Product Management, our customer strategy teams, GapTech IT, Finance, Store Operations and all Gap Inc shared services teams.
What you'll do
- Leads team of 40+ FTEs and contractors in support of all global ecommerce and marketing experiences. Team members are chartered with end-to-end content production, UX and experience innovation, ecommerce operations and product copy/sample management.
- Leads and assembles cross-functional teams across levels and functions, including both internal and external business partners, to evolve and iterate upon ecommerce systems, tools and overall customer experience.
- Develops solutions and resource recommendations to support new lines of business, including new product categories, emerging markets and other growth opportunities.
- Partners with technology teams and store operations teams to launch new omnichannel features and services.
- Plays lead role in operationalizing business strategies into consistent, scalable day-to-day execution.
- Simultaneously manages multiple business and in-season initiatives across markets and channels
- Advocates for and oversees product photography approach, product copy/information and customer experience in partnership with merchandising, photo studio and creative teams.
- Builds cross-functional alignment in successfully launching new ways of working and through progressive operational improvements for the organization.
- Hind-sights (formally and informally) the effectiveness of a program or customer experience while grounding decisions in key business and customer data.
- Responsible for setting direction and goals across direct reports to meet ongoing business and technology objectives.
- Directly oversees Senior Director and Director-level employees on the ecommerce operations team. Acts as career coach and mentor for every team member.
- Builds strong partnerships with central technology teams, Digital Merchandising, Company Planning and business teams across channels and markets.
- Works with ONOL LT and GM on budgeting, resource planning and initiative documentation.
Who you are
- Obvious passion for operational excellence and building best-in-class customer experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new/complex issues for internal business partners
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, expert ability to work with complex and detailed data, as well as to identify issues with data when presented
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently; able to bring structure and clarity to ambiguous environments or business problems
- Informed interpersonal skills and political savvy to lead and influence cross-functional teams across levels, channels, business units and geographies
- Expert project management skills and ability to artfully juggle multiple projects and competing priorities
- Able to independently disaggregate problems into digestible workplans and action steps; can easily develop hypothesis-driven approaches
- Has a keen understanding of “how things work” to guarantee operational and executional success. Knows which organizational stakeholders are critical to generate insights and ensure initiative success
- Able to facilitate cross-functional meetings and drive decision-making, even under challenging circumstances
- 10+ years of relevant management experience, preferably in retail, ecommerce and/or apparel
- 7+ years in leading customer-facing business teams.
- 5+ years managing large-scale digital and technical projects
- 5+ years in managing teams of 20 or more.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs