About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data & Analytics organization at Gap Inc. is chartered with improving the availability, usability, and reliability of data and insights across the organization. This function is center-led and focuses on solutions for all of Gap Inc.’s purpose-led, billion-dollar lifestyle brands.
Reporting to the Manager, Advanced Analytics, you work hand-in-hand with peers in the Advanced Analytics organization, as well as Digital, Marketing, Finance and Strategy teams to support business growth and expand the understanding of our customer behavioral data.
A successful candidate for this role has a strong analytical mindset and a passion for understanding digital behavioral data. This person would be skilled at combining strategic direction with analytical concepts, telling stories with data, supporting business decision-making, and mentoring more junior-level analysts.
What you'll do
- Analyze large customer data sets to identify deeper behavioral insights, potential areas of growth, and influence digital strategy across the brands in Gap Inc.’s portfolio.
- Leverage data from multiple data sources, including digital analytics tools, internal data warehouse, and deploy advanced data processing, visualization, and distribution tools.
- Interface with stakeholders across both brand- and center-led functions to translate business needs into analytical discovery requirements.
- Act as a leader within the Digital Analytics team and support growth across the Data & Analytics organization in understanding, being curious, and then applying to digital data.
- Remain current on trends across digital retail tools and tactics to support the innovation of our analytical applications.
Who you are
- 3+ years in a Digital Analytics role (eCommerce retail industry preferred).
- Deep operational understanding of digital data platforms and event-level raw data (Adobe Analytics/Clickstream [preferred], IBM Coremetrics, Google Analytics, or similar).
- Expert-level SQL skills and working experience with an array of data extraction, manipulation and summarization languages, alongside toolsets like R, Python, and SAS.
- Experience working with data processing and distribution tools (Databricks [preferred], Teradata, Snowflake, BigQuery, or similar).
- Functional understanding of the instrumentation of digital data, including tag management (Tealium [preferred], Google Tag Manager, or similar).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience communicating complex data concepts to non-technical audiences and tailoring presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with demonstrated ability to independently produce multiple projects in tandem from request to delivery.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs