About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are storytellers. We inform, inspire and unify all who live, shop + steward our portfolio of iconic brands.
The Senior Manager of Corporate Communications will play an important role within the Gap Inc and Athleta Communications team to craft and execute communications that rally employees and captivate media. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in developing and executing internal and external communications for Athleta’s strategic initiatives in compelling, creative ways. The senior manager will help elevate the Athleta brand through corporate communications initiatives including internal events, message development, media relations, executive visibility and written materials.
The successful candidate is someone who collaborates effectively cross functionally within matrixed teams, has excellent writing skills, demomstrated experience in employee communications, and external media relations experience. We are looking for someone who is curious, comfortable working as an individual contributor, and with ambiguity, nimble, efficient, has strong executive presence, and is excited to tell our story.
As part of a nimble and high-performing team, the successful candidate will have a bias for action, be comfortable working in a fast-moving environment and bring a solid understanding of the corporate communications function, including a working knowledge of current events, retail landscape, corporate business, internal/ HR communications, and media environment. The candidate should be proficient in business communications, creating compelling press releases, drafting messaging documents, town hall content and employee events.
This role entails creating and managing communications for broad audiences internally and externally, with frequent interaction with our leadership team.
What you'll do
- Build, manage and execute proactive communications plans -- including content, execution timelines, targets, messaging and distribution strategies -- for internal and external audiences in support of Athleta.
- Write compelling, persuasive internal and external content in support of brands’ leadership team including speaking events, messaging documents, Town Hall content, etc
- Distil and synthesize data and information from across the company to develop a range of communications materials (speeches, newsletters, bylines, blog posts, press releases, presentations, etc.)
- Create and manage project timelines to ensure deadlines are met and events run seamlessly.
- Understand business priorities, company values and industry trends to shape audience-relevant communications.
- Use metrics and reporting to track internal results, measure effectiveness, and identify needs: measure and track results; prepare presentations and reports for executives; and leverage results to make recommendations and refine communications approach.
Who you are
- An individual contributor who is curious about our business and is confident and responsive working with executives.
- Minimum 7-10 years of directly relevant experience knowledge, skills and abilities; in-house Corporate Communications experience ideal. Proven internal experience required as well as external/media relations experience
- Superb, persuasive writing skills, experience on an executive communications team, and proficient at executive presentations and reports.
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail and proven track record of working in a cross-functional communications environment.
- Demonstrated agility with juggling multiple projects under deadline, optimizing resources and self-prioritizing work.
- A successful candidate is highly collaborative, inclusive, creative and flexible.
- Experience defining KPIs, managing reporting and showcasing data-driven results.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.