About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As the Director, Corporate Facilities Design, you are responsible for strategic design of Gap Inc’s Corporate Facilities across North America. You will collaborate with Gap Inc. Leadership and Business Partners to lead and own the design, development and implementation for all Corporate Facilities. You will set the creative vision, lead the design development and execution of design. You will provide support & be a thought partner to Retail Creative team for retail and design initiatives having the ability to flex work during workload peaks and lows between retail and facilities projects. You will train and manage outsourced design teams as required.
What you'll do
- Understand end to end process from creative visioning to implementation; must have strong creative, design engineering, design development and technical drawings skills
- Has strong implementation and project management skills, including, costing, value engineering, scheduling and project management
- Has strong communications and partnering skills. Has a customer mindset and ability to meet varying demands of the business.
- Ability to have a global point of view and influence corporate office strategies and implementation.
- Management of people and processes, direct reports, business partners, and consultant(s).
- Champion of functional relationships with key business partners in support of specific corporate facilities remodels, new building designs for future of work models
- Supports other design related areas such as retail stores, brand programs or initiatives.
- Maintains a competitive edge for workplace design and industry trends.
- Manage and develop all direct reports through performance management, career path and leadership.
Who you are
- Excellent ability to create, understand and translate 3-D space concepts into conceptual drawings.
- Excellent understanding of proportion and ability to translate ideas, forms, and functions into cohesive design concepts independently
- Excellent knowledge of architecture building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical) and their impact on design, detailing and code requirements.
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in 3D modeling software (SketchUp, 3D Studio or Solidworks etc.), CAD and Adobe Creative Suite. Productivity software- MS Office.
- Must be a strong leader with an understanding of creative ideas balanced with budgets and business priorities
- Minimum 12-15 years work experience in design; 10 years retail design preferred.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs