About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
What you'll do
- Manage filing approvals and general organization in the fabric library.
- Manage opening, sorting and sending out packages.
- Create swatch cards for design, covering platform and seasonal fabrics.
- Own requesting and filing bulk fabric hangers from mills seasonally.
- Own pulling approved and bulk hangers for platform and rationalization conversations seasonally.
- Manage updating virtual platform fabric boards.
- Assist in RD creation and maintaining fabric information in Centric.
- Support in updating fabric development tracker with fabric attributes and testing details seasonally.
- Own updating Centric with testing comments seasonally.
- Manage counter approvals which includes receiving packages, punching and reviewing counter fabric against approved standard. Own setting up time to review findings with fabric managers and owning communication with global sourcing offices.
- Support fabric manager with preparing cuttings, fabric specsheets and packages to mills for yarn up fabric developments.
- Support fabric managers in sending out trend deck to the mills, conducting trend research, creating seasonal trend presentations and setting up the library for open house fabric meetings with design.
- Support managers in following up with design, production, mills and overseas offices on any fabric related issues where necessary.
- Ability to assist multiple divisions simultaneously.
- Monitor calendar to ensure on time deliverables.
Who you are
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strict attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to accomplish tasks consistently within tight timelines
- Ability to effectively interact with cross-functional teams
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs