About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Franchise Senior Director will own and oversee the merchandise and planning strategies for the Gap Franchise business, driving seasonal product strategies to meet market specific needs. This role will be accountable for delivering annual financial goals, driving the results of Franchise Market Week, and owning Franchise needs in brand milestone meetings.
The role is based in NY HQ and will be part of the Gap Inc Franchise Product team, partnering with Gap Global Merchandising and Planning, Franchise Planning, Account Management, Product Operations, Store Experience and Marketing.
What you'll do
- Develop long term strategies to drive franchise growth by analyzing sales performance across multiple businesses, channels and regions to meet customer needs and maximize sales
- Develop and communicate quarterly seasonal strategies that align to future financial product opportunities with franchise
- Partner directly with Global Gap Merchandising and Planning to influence and protect franchise-specific product needs while remaining aligned with brand direction
- Own planning and execution of franchise market week by partnering with both Global & Franchise teams across Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Marketing, and Account Management to offer compelling Market experience
- Actively participate as the voice of franchise in milestone meetings to ensure critical paths and calendars are met, partnering with Global Merchandising, Production and Product Strategy
- Develop merchandising and planning teams: review of process, timely goal-setting, weekly touch bases and quarterly check-ins and identify and provide additional training as needed
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience in Merchandising, Inventory Management or Buying
- Possess strong business acumen and strategic agility, able to handle many projects simultaneously while effectively prioritizing workload across direct and cross functional teams
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills, able to present ideas and directions that rally others to action
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and drive change across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated strong ability to influence business partners to drive results
- Proven ability to prioritize and focus on key initiatives to drive the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs