About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Corporate Controller’s Group is the central finance organization within Gap Inc. that is responsible for several functions related to the financial reporting and close process, including SEC Reporting. As a Senior Analyst on the SEC Reporting team, you will be responsible for the Form 10-K/10-Q filings and other public reporting of financial information. You will also be responsible for certain accounting close processes including the preparation of financial statements, analyzing financial results for the period, and preparing deliverables for our external auditors. You will perform the final 10-K/10-Q support tie-out and collaborate with business partners within the Finance department and across Gap Inc. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have a strong work ethic with a public accounting background.
What you'll do
- Prepare various SEC filing reports, including the Form 10-K and 10-Q.
- Research and review disclosure requirements related to technical accounting issues and SEC requirements.
- Review and prepare benchmarking analyses and participate in other ad-hoc projects related to reporting matters.
- Partner with Investor Relations, Corporate Communications, Legal and various other business partners to prepareeview external communications and presentation materials.
- Maintain certain month-end and quarter-end accounting close processes, including the preparation of the cash flow and other financial statements, footnotes, audit schedules, disclosure checklists and other management reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business partners across the company including managing the request and receipt of deliverables related to the Form 10-K and 10-Q.
- Support the Corporate Controller’s Group in enhancing the Company’s existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives as necessary.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA license or certification in process required
- 2+ years of public accounting experience required
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong technical accounting research skills and familiarity with accounting research tools
- Positive attitude and dependable team player with strong leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within very tight deadlines
- Ability to earn the trust and confidence of business partners
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs