About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a member of our User Experience Team @Gap you’ll experience and drive scale, impact and innovation. As one of the largest multi-branded global retailers, we’re amongst the handful of competitors who can – and must – be at the forefront of great digital experiences to thrive. We have a proprietary digital engine, integrated with a set of industry leading third parties, that helps drive a strong customer experience and is core to our customer strategy.
Gap, Inc. is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer for a 6-month temporary assignment. In this role, you will be responsible for designing high-quality consumer facing digital products and experiences at scale. You will work with cross functional partners to improve the user experience across the Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta brands.
The ideal candidate can leverage the best of their design experience and background to work across multiple teams and workstreams while delivering excellence in design across our responsive websites and app platforms. This role will be at the forefront of ensuring that we are not only meeting but exceeding our consumer’s expectations while solving their needs in an effortless and elevated fashion.
What you'll do
- Evangelize and champion our brand digital experiences.
- Explore the use of motion and micro-interactions that accentuate and elevate the Gap Inc. eCommerce web experience that is shared across Old Navy, Athleta, Gap and Banana Republic.
- Take a concept from problem identification and scoping through higher stages of fidelity, creating interactive mockups, testing with consumers, incorporating feedback and see the designs through to launch.
- Develop designs, socialize and provide guidance to meet the company’s current accessibility standards.
- Develop pixel-perfect mockups using Figma.
- Find elegant solutions to solve customer problems within retail-focused ecommerce.
- Collaborate with a team of UX designers and content strategists sharing inspiration and ideas.
- Help lead design sprints, brainstorming and ideation sessions to give focus to ambiguous problem spaces.
- Leverage and contribute to our internal “Stitch” Design System.
- Ensure a consistent visual language is applied and maintained.
- Articulate and share decisions to UX Design Leadership and Product Stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in both the central Gap Inc. org.
- Clearly document and communicate design specs to our development partners.
Who you are
- The ideal candidate will have experience designing retail focused solutions while understanding how their designs are to be implemented. Experience collaborating with both product stakeholders and developers is key.
- Minimum 5 years of professional UX Design experience delivering digital products.
- Expert in Visual Design, Protoyping and Interaction Design.
- Expert in Figma, Sketch, Invision, XD or other design and prototyping tools.
- Experience Contributing to Design Systems and supporting multiple brands creative direction.
- Advocate and experienced practitioner of inclusive and accessible design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate Design concepts. UI Writing skills and experience a plus.
- Experience working in an agile and ambiguous environment.
- Advocate of Design Thinking framework and a user-centered approach.
- Experience mentoring junior designers is a plus.
- You are looking to grow your career in a supportive organization and champion the user experience in everything you do.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs