About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
GapTech is passionate about creating and delivering quality software utilizing Agile and Dev/Ops Practices such as Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming and story-based iterative development utilizing cutting edge technologies. In this role, you will work collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following Agile development principles and practices.
What you'll do
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following Agile development principles and practices
- Is influential and engages actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology
- Designs and develops applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use Provides technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
- Sets and adheres to software coding and style guides to ensure consistency
- Participates in pairing and code reviews
- Support (2nd level) and troubleshoot problems with existing applications
- With a DevOps mindset, improve the overall quality of the product leveraging clean code, test automation, CI/CD practices and smart monitoring
Who you are
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ software development experience, 6 years of which are Java/J2ee specific, is required
- Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies and Test-Driven Development
- Candidates must have a robust understanding of Java 8 and an in-depth understanding of other Java technologies, including Servlets, JDBC, JMS, Spring, Spring Boot
- Experience with messaging (e.g. MQ Series, JMS, etc.) and events-driven architecture, Kafka etc.
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases, data access (JDBC/DAO/SQL) Oracle strongly preferred as well as NoSQL databases, Cosmos DB, HBase or MongoDB.
- Experience with deploying to Cloud platforms (Azure preferred), PCF and/or Kubernetes (preferred)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs