About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it’s easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we’re on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
What you'll do
- Model and promote organizational values and behaviors
- Guide, train and direct business partners on the execution of HR policies and processes to ensure appropriate legal (EEO, ADA, FMLA, etc.) and corporate compliance (Gap Inc. COBC, P&P)
- Lead and support the execution of annual HR processes such as talent and compensation reviews and succession planning discussions
- Diagnose performance concerns/opportunities to identify root cause, offering effective and holistic solutions
- Partner with solution centers and shared services to deliver highest level of support to business partners
- Provide direct coaching and consultation to DM/HOS population to build and develop greater organizational capability
- Support and lead, where appropriate, the investigation process of medium and high risk concerns, analyzing organizational health issues, consulting on solutions/follow up
- Analyze, benchmark and react, where applicable, to financial, operational and HR metrics to drive results
- Assess organizational needs, offering solutions guided by Zone, Brand and Gap Inc. strategies
- Partner and advise on region and district people initiatives in support of the talent pipeline, including attraction, development, engagement
- Guide effective succession and retention planning efforts
- Lead and support region and districts organization through change
- Coordinate the climate survey process and analyzing data, assessing risk and sharing feedback with the ZHR/RM/DM in relation to overall store/districtegion health and compliance
- Support the effective on-boarding of new leaders to the organization
- Supervise HR organizations in flagship stores; guiding performance of Flagship HR Managers
- Contribute to the crafting of Zone people strategies, in partnership with Zone HR Manager, cascading to areas of responsibility
Who you are
- Effective at building relationships with business partners
- Demonstrated ability to influence and coach others
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Demonstrated ability to effectively sequence and prioritize work
- Ability to independently solve problems and make decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to identify and articulate necessary strategic objectives
- Excellent facilitation and customer service skills
- Effectively manage budgeted expenses
- College degree required, with an emphasis in Human Resources or Industrial Relations preferred
- 7+ years experience in Human Resources, preferably in a large, matrix organization, including, but not limited to, exposure to recruitment compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, performance management, and organizational development
- Possess a solid foundation in critical HR discipline expertise (e.g. organization assessment, org. design, ER, training
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor regulations
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business
- Ability to travel within and outside of assigned market
- Prior experience leading a team, project or managing others
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs