About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Senior Director of Site Merchandising will lead a team overseeing site merchandising for oldnavy.com and the mobile app. The leader will drive a holistic strategy and be responsible for leading and developing a team across the areas of responsibility within the site merchandising functions: operations, editorial, and customer experience / functionality. This requires deep knowledge and understanding of the capabilities of the ecommerce platform as well as product management tools, search tools, ratings and review tools, outfitting tools and personalization tools to build out the online experience in addition to understanding of current consumer expectations, emerging consumer and digital retail trends, and emerging technologies. You are accountable for creating a comprehensive seasonal framework and site merchandising strategy that includes taxonomy, search and personalized experiences online. You will collaborate closely with the Digital Merchandising leadership team on strategy and key investments by season, as well as the Marketing team to develop key stories. You and your team will be responsible for executing the seasonal site merchandising strategy while monitoring and adjusting based on KPIs, customer feedback, competitor actions and product availability. You are accountable for monitoring key trends and developments in the market. You and your team will actively analyze the business through web analytics, respond to improve results in real time, and report out on the efficacy of strategies and providing insights to the Digital merchandising team as well as Marketing and Web Production.
What you'll do
- Strong communication and analytical skills as well as relationship building are key for success in this role. A thorough understanding of the competitive landscape primarily focused on content, navigation, search and customer experience is essential.
- Accelerate the development, execution and communication of the Site experience that supports the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of at a key category and holistic level within Old Navy Online.
- Accountable for the development and communication of category product site strategies that align with financial goals for the season.
- Lead partnership with product and design teams to communicate knowledge and understanding of the customer experience as it relates to product, shopping paths, experience and interaction with marketing.
- Head a cross-functional team to deliver on a strategically defined linking strategy that aligns to marketing ideas (tied to investment) to optimize conversation and drive the customer to the best possible site experience.
- Guide the development of seasonal hindsight and the strategic opportunities use to inform pre-line.
- Drive for continual innovation and improvement--recommend strategies to be leveraged across divisions and departments.
- Run the identification of areas of opportunity to make meaningful investment shifts supported by marketing and site execution.
- Lead team through web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.
- Develop an editorial calendar based on the full inspiration for newness, current trends, and customer needs.
Who you are
Bachelor's degree required;
Proven ability to influence others and strong decision
Minimum of 8 years’ experience in e-commerce / site merchandising
Proficiency in e-commerce platforms, site analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Site Catalyst), and personalization tools
Demonstrated understanding of retail e-commerce landscape, including “best practice” features and functionality
Demonstrated strong resource workload and capacity management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple resources, priorities and a large volume of business
5+ years of experience managing a team
Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines.
Experience in a fast
paced promotional environment is a plus.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs