About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Assistant Manager, Production will be accountable for supporting the Product Development team in building, maintaining and delivering brand right product that meets quality standards and cost structure. They will work collaboratively with Design, R&D, Tech Design, Merchandising & GIS to achieve seasonal brand strategies.
What You’ll Do
What you'll do
- Collaborates with design, R&D, merchandising, planning and tech design to create and maintain seasonal product assortment in line with brand direction and aesthetic.
- Review and understand knit fabrics and work with product integrity and overseas offices to ensure product adheres to performance and quality standards.
- Responsible for communicating, maintaining and following up on all related product open issues.
- Maintains and follows up on product time and action calendars.
- Coordinates the presentation of proto types, washes, testing results and cost options to Design in preparation for Alignment in partnership with R&D
- Reviews and analyzes cost components in comparison to history and provides product options to solve for cost issues where needed and help get to divisional cost targets.
- Communicates all booking and costing information to cross functional team.
- Helps to identify and recommend RSC opportunities or opportunities to shorten lead times on product strategies
- Coordinate creation, tracking & maintenance of sample requests & BOMs through Product Adoption
- Ensure timeliness of approvals/ product changes to meet deliveries through the development process
- Attend critical fittings to see execution of product and track changes that affect cost and production lead-time.
- Ensure necessary system maintenance through development process.
Who you are
- 2-3 years of Production and Product Development experience
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Garment production knowledge -- production cycle timeline, garment construction and garment costing
- Manufacturing knowledge a plus -- trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity.
- Retail math knowledge: AUC, AUR, IMU
- Good aesthetic, design and color sense
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
- Solid understanding of product construction
- Solid understanding of design process
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, web-based applications
- Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs