About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
“Seasonal” responsibilities include protecting the assets of the company/distribution centers
and ensuring a safe environment for our employees. Utilizes the tools and resources available to initiate and follow
through on internal & external investigations. Responsible for training and supervising Loss Prevention Associate
Supervisors (and, secondarily, Loss Prevention Agents/Investigators). General oversight responsibility for all campus
activities relating to loss prevention concerns; in addition to direct campus responsibility, secondary support to the
Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director) regarding oversight to third party and pooler/shipping
vendors. Works at the cross-brand level to ensure the effective implementation of Loss Prevention programs and
initiatives. Work closely with the Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director) and Distribution Center
Leadership team to increase LP awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses to their
assigned area of responsibility.
1. Contribute to shortage reduction/Investigations 50%
- Supervise all campus Associate Supervisors. Secondary oversight to the general and daily activities of Loss Prevention
- Serve as the primary point person for all campus loss prevention issues, in partnership with Associate Supervisors and
- Use discretion and independent judgment to manage all campus loss prevention issues as the primary point person, in
partnership with Associate Supervisors and Agents/Investigators.
- Manage the implementation of all loss prevention initiatives as directed by the Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader
(RLPM or Director); support the roll out of loss prevention strategies as well as budgetary compliance.
- In partnership with the Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director), manage cross-brand initiatives to
impact loss prevention metrics and results. Support the Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director) in
the management of third party vendors, poolers and shipping companies.
- Work with Distribution Center Operations personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend
solutions; in partnership with Loss Prevention Associate Supervisors, determine the assignment of appropriate Loss
Prevention resources (i.e. Agents/Investigators, technology, etc.) to address shortage reduction opportunities.
- Oversee audit and compliance initiatives regarding physical security standards.
- Recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies. Oversee respective Loss
Prevention Associate Supervisor population in the adherence to company guidelines regarding apprehension-related
2. Training/Development 20%
- Assist in the recruiting hiring and training of Loss Prevention Associate Supervisors.
- Develop and administer Individual Development Objectives, quarterly check-ins and provide feedback for annual review
process for Loss Prevention Associate Supervisors.
- Support the development of awareness campaigns by promoting available resources (Code of Business Conduct Hotline,
Loss Prevention awareness center, etc.).
- Participate in and support the on-boarding process for all new hires within area of responsibility.
3. Operations/Safety 30%
- Work with supervisory and managerial personnel to ensure operational compliance.
- Work with Distribution Center Operations personnel to complete operational audits, ensuring that physical security
standards are maintained.
- Work with management to ensure safe environment.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Daily interaction with Loss Prevention Management team including Loss
Prevention Associate Supervisors and other leadership. Intermittent interface with Distribution Center Operations
personnel and leadership. Regular interface with Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director) as well
as intermittent interactions with third party (pooler, shipping, etc.)
Who you are
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:- Excellent communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills. Strong ability to disseminate work and manage follow up activities.
- Loss Prevention investigation skills preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong people management ability
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Four year college degree preferred.
3) Minimum experience:
- 3-4 years of retail Loss Prevention experience.
- 2-4 years supervisory experience.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.