Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Brand Planning team manages high level divisional/product financials for the GAP brand franchisees. In this role, you’ll help to drive franchisee seasonal investments to hit wholesale budget and earnings through analysis of divisional/product financials at a total level and for key franchisee accounts. The Analyst is responsible for supporting the Brand Planning team with relevant data and analysis and will be responsible for reporting and analyzing of select accounts.
- Assist in Quarterly Hindsight- analyzing at total divisional and account level, identify risks/opportunities and collaborate with cross functional teams to develop action plans
- Assist with Market deliverables- setting up tools, onboarding new accounts, reporting benchmarks, running investment reviews and attending Global meetings
- Support key initiatives and strategies through analytics, reports and tools that quantify results through structured approach, rigorous analysis, and proactive communication
- Find new opportunities and create both standardize and automated reports as well as in-depth ad hoc analysis
- Manage multiple data sources, identify gaps in the data capture process and make suggestions on improvements/enhancements for data hygiene
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in planning, finance, or related analytical experience preferred
- Experience with wholesale/franchise business a plus
- Ability to problem solve independently and through strong partnerships with business partners across the globe; thrives in a dynamic environment with a high degree of ambiguity
- Possess a clear understanding of financial metrics and levers, including sales, comp levers, gross margin, and inventory metrics
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are a must (particularly in Excel where pivot tables and v-lookups will be used extensively)
- Attending late night or early morning calls required
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs