About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Banana Republic Factory Assistant Stylist is fashion obsessed and has a continual pulse on the latest trends to help push our brand styling forward. This position is responsible for supporting the creation of seasonal brand styling for stores, digital, and print. They are responsible for all operational tasks and sample management. Assistant Stylists will attend key meetings and milestones as needed.
What you'll do
- Keep a continual pulse on current, relevant styling and market trends to bring new ideas to the forefront and push our styling POV forward while remaining true to our Brand DNA
- Support Senior Stylist with the execution of style outs for each division per season
- Manage the in-season sample process for all style outs for marketing and in-store
- Partner with key cross-functional business partners (Merchants, Visual Merchandising, Marketing, Production)
- Manage in-store style out execution- including windows and in-store styling/outfitting for each division
- Ideate and strategize on seasonal styling direction that is relevant to brand filters- pull inspiration
- Maintains a clear understanding of brand’s overall aesthetic, seasonal product priorities and current state of business in order to shift quickly and tailor work to support the needs of the business
- Written communication- styling notes for Visual Direction and photoshoots
- Assist Senior Stylist on all shoot prep before and after shoots
- Support Senior Stylist on shoots as needed
- Participate on special projects as needed
Who you are
- Minimum 1 year experience in fashion styling
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams - Design, Merchandising, Creative, Visual, Marketing, Production
- Extremely flexible, detail oriented, organized and self motivated
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong work ethic, and deep interest in professional integrity
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs