About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc’s Business-to-business (“B2B”) team is part of the Strategic Growth Office, which is at the forefront of driving our next chapter of growth. As the General Manager of B2B you will stand up, drive, and build our suite of B2B businesses. Key accountabilities will be a go to market strategy to scale and operate the business. You will be at the forefront of defining, operationalizing, and scaling Gap’s B2B business. The leader will have accountabilities across all aspects of the B2B business including operations, finance, marketing, sales, etc. You will build the global team responsible for operating the B2B team, end-to-end, in partnership with Gap Inc’s leadership team. The General Manager of B2B will report to the Chief Growth Transformation Officer.
What you'll do
- Defining and executing the B2B go to market strategy and operating plan in a dynamic, technology-driven environment – motivate teams to bring our future state vision to life
- Own the P&L for B2B; deep understanding of economic flow through (pricing/cost implications of products and how they have been structured)
- Build, develop, and lead a team dedicated to diversifying Gap Inc’s revenue streams; concurrently, develop and scale supporting structures required to grow the business (e.g., sales, account management)
- Manage the B2B businesses; collaborate Gap Inc partners including finance, operations, product, tech, and marketing teams to run holistic and profitable B2B business
- Build and lead the long-term vision, ensuring profitability and continuous innovation
Who you are
- 15+ years of general management, entrepreneurial, and/or consulting experience. MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of creating business plans, leading teams, and delivering results in B2B environments at a global scale (strong understanding of operations, technology and services)
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial spirit with strong communication and presentation skills, with the capability of engaging others at all levels of the organization including C-Suite, Brand Presidents, etc.
- Experience leading, scaling and developing geographically dispersed, cross-functional organizations (includes organization design, recruitment and continued development of the existing team)
- Demonstrated track record as a strong team leader, critical thinker, and problem solver
- Passion for, and has provided thought leadership around, B2B operating models, best practices, organizational design, etc.
- Experience executing multiple strategic initiatives and day-to-day priorities concurrently; able to navigate and close opportunities across a diverse set of requirements
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs